Project Duration: 1. January 2010 - 30. September 2011
SmartSenior was a project at the German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence (DFKI). The goal of this project was the development of novel technologies for elderly people to allow them having a longer and independent life in their own homes. Our main task was the realise a platform for controlling and observing of household appliances and building equipments. The project has been conducted in collaboration with the Deutsche Telekom, Alcatel-Lucent, Siemens, BMW, DAI Labor, Charite University, Max-Planck-Institut, Design Research Lab, medium-size companies e.g. PRISMA GmbH and other partners from housing industry and service sector. Our work covered:
- Design and realisation of a central component to connect and control house devices based on diverse technologies like KNX, EIB, UPnP, EnOcean, etc.
- Implementation of a graphical user interface for controlling and observing house devices and building equipments through mobile devices (Windows Mobile and Android).
- Implementation of a web-based graphical user interface for simple integration of new devices.
- Executing many usability tests and improving the usability of the realised platform
- Execution of many usability tests and improving the usability of the realised platform.
Used Languages & Technologies: