Indoor Positioning System
Project Duration: 1. March 2006 - 1. September 2006
In collaboration with BMW an indoor positioning system for cars and pedestrians has been developed. The system can be used within buildings and park decks, where there is no connection to GPS satellites. Our work covered:
- Indoor navigation for pedestrians as well as for cars.
- The indoor navigation was realised by using active RFID tags.
- The very efficient end-user software has been developed for PDAs (Windows Mobile).
- For securing the privacy of the user, the complete system is running locally on the end-user device.
- Different routes are created for pedestrian than for cars, because each of these groups can use different paths to get to the destination.
Used Languages & Technologies: